Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week One - Snapshots


So my first week back here in CO has officially been fantastic! Here are a few 'snap-shots' - Moments I didn't get a picture of, but are priceless nonetheless.

"Remember whose you are" - If I had a picture of this it would be of my dad giving me a big hug after a final prayer for safety and blessing. Cause at the end of that hug he always says the same thing: "remember whose you are"... His and God's. No matter where I go God goes with me and Dad is only a phone call away. It is also great incentive to be the best I can be, because I want to make them proud of me.

"The Wave" - Every family has quirky things that they do, that others watching might not get but means a whole-ton-of-a-lot (as a friend of mine would say) to those who understand. In my family one of those things is 'the wave'. At the last moment before you enter the shuttle to your gate, the official beginning of your adventure, you are supposed to turn and wave to the family waiting for that last see-you-later. So of course this time was no different, especially since my-Sarah had given me strict instructions not to forget.

"Arrival" - After a long trip nothing is happier than being greeted by people happy to see you :) Especially if there are kiddos in that group; which there were.

"Papa Murphy's Pizza" - Well, it's fantastic pizza!

"Puzzle time" - Hanging out with some friends, just enjoying the evening as we worked on a puzzle. I love it when you don't have to keep a conversation going, or accomplishing something to enjoy yourself with people. Some of the best friends are the ones that just being with them equals a good time.

"Hockey goal!" - I love playing street hockey! It's a great way to get rid of extra energy from the week as well as a lot of fun. I usually play defense, but I ran up for offense during one of the plays and made a goal, yes I am proud of that! :)

"Surprise visit" - One of my friends from VA happened to be driving through and was staying with another friend in the area so I got to see both of them and hang out for a few hours.

There are lots of other great times, but those are a few of my favorites. God has blessed and life is good.



No comments: