Friday, January 6, 2012

Final Goodbyes

It's funny how many thoughts and ideas run through one's mind on the verge of leaving home for the 'last time'.

It isn't as if I have never left before, or been gone for extended periods of time, because I have. But this time saying goodbye seems so final; there is just something about knowing that whenever I come back I will be visiting, there will be no 'my room' to come to and 'my house' will now mean somewhere else.

I have experienced many adventures so far and been some wonderful places but at then end of each adventure no matter how long or how far it has taken me, I always love to come home. Thankfully home isn't just a place or a room, it's family... and family is the one 'place I belong' that can stretch for miles to reach wherever I am.

I have mixed emotions about closing a chapter in my life, but I am excited about beginning another. I know God is going to do many things during this next journey and I am ready to start!

No comments: