Thursday, June 23, 2011

Steadfast Love/Loving Kindess

This year I got a new bible from a friend, an ESV and as I have read through the psalms I have been surprised at how much different wording can make some phrases stand out, and because of this have enjoyed rediscovering some great verses. 

One such phrase is "steadfast love", I have always read it as lovingkindness, which made sense but "steadfast love" grabbed my attention. 


Psalm 25
vMake me to know your ways,  Lord
teach me your paths.
vLead me in your truth and teach me, 
for you are the God of my salvation; 
for you I wait all the day long. 
vRemember your mercy,  
Lord, and your steadfast love/loving kindness
for they have been from of old.


Psalm 36
vYour steadfast love/loving kindness, O Lord, extends to the heavens,
 your faithfulness to the clouds.
v6 How precious is your steadfast love/loving kindness, O God! 
The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. 
v10 Oh, continue your steadfast love/loving kindness to those who know you, 
and your righteousness to the upright of heart!

Psalm 63
v3 Because your steadfast love/loving kindness is better than life,
 my lips will praise you. 
v4 So I will bless you as long as I live; 
in your name I will lift up my hands.

Psalm 103
v2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, 
bless his holy name!
v3 who forgives all your iniquity, 
who heals all your diseases, 
v4 who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you 
with steadfast love/loving kindness and mercy,
v5 who satisfies you with good 
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's 

I have loved looking through these verses and been made happy at the reminder of God's love and kindness for us... I am so grateful for these verses and other similar ones that: remind me of the depth and width of God's love and mercy, filling me with joy and satisfaction; and cause me to sit back in awe of the beauty of who God is... 


No comments: