Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Pile

THE PILE... It has lived in my room for the past year... ok, well, three-plus years. Every trip and adventure causes it to grow, and every spring cleaning shrinks it some. Well, I finally decided to evict it, and in the process found all sorts of treasures:

Great QuotesGiving a speech is like throwing up, it is awful beforehand but then you feel better. - Rachel,    
Behold… Me.. – Sarah


Lots of notes, and letters - Reminders of the lesson I was learning/God was trying to teach me as well as life experiences and special moments that I sometimes forget.

Notes and cards - Reminding me that I am loved and there are people praying for me. As well as giving me some great laughs at our randomness.

Photos - Pictures truly are worth 1000 words; each brought back lots of memories, and made me miss my peoples. Yes, I am sappy that way :) 

Little gifts and mementos - basically these brought lots of smiles and grins to my face, just because... 

Random items of unknown origin - These are the items I wondered what possessed me to pick up, much less keep... Or items that have a special significance that I am sure would make everyone else wonder what possessed me to pick up, much less keep... like my special soap (ahem... Hannah) 

All these things, and more made the task of cleaning out the Pile a lot less daunting, in fact it made it a lot of fun!! It is super nice to be able to see my corner again, after getting rid of all the unnecessary papers and junk... Now I am looking forward to scrap-booking all of my rediscovered treasures... It's

 amazing how much happy memories can brighten one's day.

Memories are made in moments but last a life time... 

1 comment:

Hannah Marie said...

That's where that bar of soap went... :)