Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pike's Peak... America the Beautiful

Near the top of my list of things to do in Colorado was to visit Pike's Peak. I was not aware that this was the place that inspired the writing of America the Beautiful, but after making it to the top I will never sing that song the same way. There are not words to describe the beauty and majesty so I am not going to try, instead I am going to share a few of my pictures... but even these aren't enough. You should go sometime.


 O beautiful for spacious skies, 


For amber waves of grain, 
For purple mountain majesties 
Above the fruited plain! 
America! America! 
God shed his grace on thee 
And crown thy good with brotherhood 
From sea to shining sea! 













4 comments:

Lauren S. said...

The colors are so brilliant! I wish I were there with you. =( On second thought, I'm also pretty happy here. =D We should talk!

Mer said...

Dude!!!!!!!!!
I want them!

J.C. Derrick said...

I'm so jealous! Last fall when we went on a road trip to Kansas and Colorado, I looked longingly at the signs for Pike's Peak as we traveled home from Denver. Unfortunately, one of our group had to be back for class the next morning and we had to drive straight through the night to get back. :(

Unknown said...

I know! I wish all my friends could come spend time with me here in CO... The mountains are stunning! They have a way of making my view of God explode :)
You all should def. put pike's peak on your bucket list