Monday, March 3, 2008

Shards of Glass


Have you ever felt your world tumble down around you, experienced your hopes and dreams shattering leaving nothing but shards of glass at your feet? This last summer my life fell apart, shattering into thousands of pieces, cutting my heart and filling my eyes with tears.

Through my tears and searing pain I cried to God, asking him what he could possibly do with shattered glass, which was the way I viewed my life. I could not see how anything could ever come of all the pain and pieces.

Then God seemed to say "Chrissy, you know those stain glass windows you were admiring? What are they made of?"

My heart filling with hope, in a whisper I replied, "pieces of glass."

"Give me the things that cause you pain, let me hold you while you weep. I will take the pieces and make something beautiful, I will place them together with my love and compassion. Trust me, I will complete the work I began in you. Like the sun shines through a stain glass window my light will shine through you and the pieces will send the world a message."

Consider this post and those to follow pieces of glass for my window, I do not know how they will all fit together but I do know God is the Master craftsman and He has a place for each piece.

4 comments:

Dominique said...

Amen Beautiful one

Paige said...

Great thoughts Chrissy! God's work truly is beautiful, even though we cannot always see the end product right away.

Much cheering!
Paige

Anonymous said...

Wahoo, that's amazing as I have said before. I LOVE watching all the shards of glass form a beautiful reflection of Him in your life! :amen: ; ) Love you!
Madi

Kate said...

Love this post, Chrissy. Just what I needed to read today... though it's been months since you posted it!