Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back to Thanks

So when I started looking for things to be thankful for a couple of months ago I figured it would help me focus on the good things in life and that finding them would not be that difficult. However, as time progressed I found myself just pulling random things out of my day and not thinking about it as much, then as life has brought some frustrating circumstances surrounding some decisions I needed to make I found it hard to look for the good things. I found my focus going to the difficult thing and let it color everything else.

Then God reminded me "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. I Thessalonians 5:18" I found it interesting that is follows the verse: "Pray without ceasing", in a way I feel like I am being reminded that I am to give thanks even when I can't see God working.

Thankfulness isn't about just the things I want, it is about acknowledging gratefulness to God. Sometimes I have to take it on faith that God is working, other times I need to remember that He works ALL things together for good: the frustrating things, the happy things, the good, and the bad. Most of all I need to remember that He is Good and that He is God and I am not.

So I am working on getting back to giving thanks, I am thankful:
God is working in my life
He loves me
God is patient with me
Even when I don't understand I can trust Him

No comments: