Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I want to live like I am dying...


Have you ever read a book or article; watched a movie or read a book about someone who was dying? They always seem to have one more thing they want to accomplish, one last place to see, or one more person they must speak with before dying...
They realize that 'someday' may never come, and rewrite or create a list of 'things to do before I die.' Somehow they manage to do the big things on their list and we are touched by their determination and heart. The smile that covers their face as they fulfill some of their dreams brings a smile to our own faces and we may even shed a tear as they bid their loved ones goodbye.
As I thought about the life I lead, I realized I want to spend each day fully, and not waste time. I want to cherish each moment and savor each experience...
Make sure everyone I love knows it
Give all I have in me, holding nothing back

Go sky diving
Say what needs saying because there may not be time later
Bask in the quiet moments
Take time to sit with friends and watch the sunset


And much more!

When it is all said and done, I want to live like I don't have time to waste. I want to live without regret and go all out toward each goal. We are all going to die some day it is just a matter of when so with that in mind I want to live like I'm dying; because in a way, I am...

No comments: