Friday, May 23, 2008

On the Outside


Why is it so difficult to go against the crowd? Is it possible to be like everyone else and still be yourself? If I follow what I believe is right will I be accepted by those around me? These questions swirl around and around in my mind as once again I face the pressure of following conscience rather than the crowd.

Would it hurt to give in; does it really matter? I think of all the resons it would be ok if I gave in, after all it is not anything major just a little thing. Yet still the little voice inside will not be quiet, and finally I decide to listen and not participate. This leaves me feeling frustrated and left out. Once again I am on the outside looking in it does not matter that I did the right thing it still hurts.

Then my heavenly Father reminds me that he will always be with me and I have complete acceptance in Him. Knowing who I am in Christ enables me to stand tall, confident in his love and acceptance. While I am outside the crowd I am inside my Fathers arms and he will never let me go.

2 comments:

Mer said...

Preach it sister!! So true!
Thanks for sharing cris...

Christy said...

"and He will never let me go."
Yes. Yes. Yes.
:nods:
Yes.